We are excited to announce the release the 2nd Edition of the Youth Empowerment Solutions Curriculum, Adaptation Guide, and Evaluation Guide. The new editions are freely available for download. The new edition of the curriculum includes:
- Updated sessions to reflect today’s technology and youth. For example, the Photovoice activity (Unit 2) has been adapted for smartphone and digital cameras.
- Core Components clearly identified. The Purpose box at the beginning of each session lists the YES core content components that the session addresses. Core components are elements of an evidence-based intervention that must be maintained in order to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Photos of past YES programs. Engaging photos were added throughout the curriculum to provide visual examples of youth participating in YES activities and community projects.
- New online resources for each session. New and/or updated website links that provide additional resources for program leaders to enhance the content of the activities.
- New Condensed Curriculum Guide. This new condensed version of the curriculum was created to assist organizations with limited time to be able to implement the full YES program. The condensed guide consists of 19 sessions (instead of 34), while preserving the curriculum core components. The condensed version is available in the appendix.
Learn more and download the 2nd edition of the YES Curriculum