Every session in the YES curriculum requires some planning time. The amount will vary from fifteen minutes to an hour or more according to the activities. As a group leader, program manager, or other YES staff it is absolutely vital that you prepare for YES sessions in advance to ensure that the goals of the curriculum are met.
To achieve the best possible outcomes, YES group leaders should take the following steps:
- Before the day of the YES meeting
- Review the up-coming session and make note of any special preparations that are needed.
- Purchase or gather any needed materials.
- Duplicate any session handouts, and/or prepare flip charts.
- Confirm with any with speakers or volunteers.
- Confirm transportation plans if necessary.
- Gather any needed permission slips.
- On the day of the YES meeting
- Set up the room.
- Review the session you plan to cover.
- Test any equipment.
- Have all materials prepared and organized.